December 3, 2012 DO 85, s. 2012 – Policy on the Establishment Of DepEd Email Service
December 3, 2012
DO 85, s. 2012
Policy on the Establishment Of DepEd Email Service
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- As part of the Department of Education’s thrusts and directions toward improving governance particularly in strengthening its internal systems and processes, innovations in its information and communication sytems are implemented that are aimed to:
- a. enhance existing communication channels in the Department making communication timely, reliable and accessible;
- b. provide its personnel a sense of distinct online identity and affiliation with the Department; and
- c. provide tools that will allow for teamwork among its employees in the planning, performance, and evaluation of tasks. Hence, promoting a culture of collaboration.
- In line with these, the Department of Education (DepEd) establishes the DepEd Email Service as one of the official means of communication for use by its permanent employees and authorized consultants, personnel, and staff.
- All permanent employees are enjoined to register for their DepEd email accounts and adopt it in its day-to-day official communications.
- The use of the DepEd Email Service is a privilege and is subject to acceptable use by all DepEd employees.
- The Technical Service (TS) shall be responsible in operating and managing the DepEd Email Service and shall prepare the periodic reports.
- To ensure that these policies are properly and effectively implemented, the Guidelines on the Use of the DepEd Email Service shall be issued. When deemed necessary, the TS shall make the necessary modifications in the implementing guidelines to ensure relevance, and as long as these remain consistent with the above-stated policy.
- These policies shall take effect immediately upon the approval of the Secretary and its publication at the DepEd website: www.deped.gov.ph.
- The provisions in this Order supersede the provisions in Item Nos. 2-8 of DepEd Order No. 52, s. 2009 entitled Requiring All Regional/Division Offices to Avail of Internet Subscription and Dissemination of Updated Official DepEd Email Addresses for Regional and Division Offices.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: (No. 52, s. 2009)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES and REGULATIONS