DO 23, s. 2014 – Data Gathering Forms of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) for the End of School Year 2013-2014
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) through its EBEIS continuously delivers useful information needed for planning and budgeting, allocation of resources, and for setting operational targets. EBEIS aids in the performance evaluation of the basic education sector vis-a-vis the achievement of DepEd’s goals as stated in the Philippine Development Plan (PDP), Education for All (EFA), Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and other international commitments.
- The data collection, processing, and validating of school statistics for 2013 shall end with the Data Gathering Forms for the End of the School Year 2013-2014. Enclosed to this Order are the following revised forms to be accomplished:
Enclosure No. 1 : Government Elementary School Profile (GESP);
Enclosure No. 2 : Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP); and Enclosure No. 3 : Private School Profile (PSP).
- To understand the hazards and vulnerabilities present in schools, the DepEd has revised the School Year (SY) 2013-2014 Forms to include disaster- related questions in the following sections in the GESP, GSSP and PSP:
> Table O. GESP and GSSP
> Table G. PSP
> Table P. GESP and GSSP
> Table H. PSP
- The new data elements and definition of terms are contained in Enclosure No. 4.
- The following timeline in the conduct of EBEIS activities shall be observed:
EBEIS Activity Timeline Start of Encoding End of School Year 2013-2014 May 2, 2014 Submission May 2-16, 2014 Validation May 2-23, 2014 Closing of System May 24, 2014
- The school heads/teachers-in-charge (SHs/TICs) of both public and private schools offering kindergarten, elementary, and/or secondary education shall be responsible for ensuring prompt, complete and accurate filling-up of the EBEIS data gathering forms.
- The regional directors (RDs) and schools division superintendents (SDSs) through the Regional Planning Units (RPUs) and Division Planning Units (DPUs) shall jointly undertake online collection, processing and validation of the accomplished forms and collection of printed and signed forms to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of data submitted by the schools.
- The personnel from the schools division offices shall oversee the encoding of data for schools with no access to Internet facilities.
- All personnel involved in the EBEIS at the schools, district, division, regional, and national levels are allowed to render overtime services during weekdays, weekends and holidays as provided in DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2008 entitled Authorizing the Grant of Overtime Pay and Other Benefits to Personnel Involved in the Operations of the Basic Education Information System and DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2009 entitled Addendum to DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2008 (Authority to Grant Overtime Pay and Other Benefits to Personnel Involved in the Operations of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) where necessary to meet the EBEIS target schedules.
- This Department thanks all personnel involved in the encoding, collection, processing and validation of data in the EBEIS. The support of all concerned has aided in DepEd’s efforts to institutionalize the use of accurate and timely data for planning, budgeting and implementation.
- Provisions in this Order supersede the provisions in Item Nos. 2-4 of DepEd Order No. 24, s. 2013 entitled Revision of the Enhanced Basic Education Information System (EBEIS) Data Gathering Forms for the End of School Year 2012-2013.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
References: DepEd Order: (Nos. 24 and 30, s. 2013; 10, s. 2009; 58, s. 2008)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: