DO 48, s. 2014 – Amendments and Additional Provisions to DepEd Order No. 45, s. 2007 (Institutionalization of the Supreme Pupil Government in All Elementary Schools Nationwide)
December 2, 2014
DO 48, s. 2014
Amendments and Additional Provisions to DepEd Order No. 45, s. 2007 (Institutionalization of the Supreme Pupil Government in All Elementary Schools Nationwide)
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Supreme Pupil Government (SPG) in all elementary schools has been institutionalized in recognition of the need to organize a pupil governing body in the elementary school through DepEd Order No. 45, s. 2007 entitled Institutionalization of the Supreme Pupil Government in All Elementary Schools Nationwide. However, some provisions have been amended and added to said guidelines.
- Some of the amendments are the following:
- School-wide SPG Elections shall be held annually, consistent with the Constitution and By-Laws of SPG and Supreme Student Government (SSG) in Elementary and Secondary Schools and the SPG and SSG Commission on Elections Standard Election Code;
- The SPG shall uphold the values, principles, ideals of the Department of Education (DepEd) and shall adhere with the Constitution and By-Laws of SPG and SSG in Elementary and Secondary Schools;
- Only pupils from Grades 5 to 6 who are qualified to run as candidates for the following major positions of the SPG shall be elected by the pupils from Grades 3 to 6:
- Grades 4 – 6 pupils are qualified to run and be elected for the following positions of the SPG:
- Public Information Officer; and
- Peace Officer.
- Councilors of Grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 Levels shall be elected by their respective Grade Level batch mates as per rule in Item No. 6 of DepEd Order No. 45, s. 2007;
- All regional directors (RDs), schools division superintendents (SDSs), public schools district supervisors (PSDSs), and elementary school heads (SHs) are enjoined to implement and support the SPG, including its projects and activities. The elected SPG officers shall recommend the SPG Adviser to the SH following the requirements provided in Article XIII (Adviser) of the By-Laws and Constitution of the SPG and SSG in Elementary and Secondary Schools, with the supervision of the concerned PSDS and schools division/regional Araling Panlipunan (Social Studies/HEKASI) supervisor; and
- Elected officers from Presidents to Councilors shall serve for one school year (SY); and
- The Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations shall supervise and monitor the SPG, which shall be under the Student Government Program (SGP).
- Some provisions have also been added as follows:
- Effective SY 2014-2015, the elementary SHs shall designate the SPG Commission on Elections (COMELEC) Chair, with qualifications consistent with the SPG and SSG COMELEC Standard Election Code, and shall provide recommendation for the SPG COMELEC Adviser following the requirements provided in the Constitution and By-Laws of SPG ad SSG in elementary and secondary schools and SPG and SSG COMELEC Standard Election Code to the SH; and
- In the preceding year, the former members of the SPG COMELEC shall then elect their COMELEC Chair, who will provide recommendation for the SPG COMELEC Adviser to the SH.
- All provisions of DepEd Order No. 45, s. 2007 inconsistent with this DepEd Order are repealed by the provision of this Order and shall remain in force and in effect until rescinded or amended.
- For more information, all concerned may contact the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations, Department of Education Central Office (DepEd CO), DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no.: (02) 633-7203; Fax No.: (02) 631-8492; or through website address: www.deped.gov.ph or facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DepEd.Philippines.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order: (No. 45, s. 2007)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: