Curriculum and Learning Management Division
To ensure full implementation of the articulated basic education curriculum (pre-school, elementary, secondary & ALS), its localization/indigenization and increase access to quality and varied learning resources towards improvement in the quality of learning outcomes.
- Develop a regional educational policy framework on the localization and implementation of the basic education curriculum consistent with the national policies and standards
- Manage the development of the localized curriculum and special curriculum programs for all types of learners and oversee its implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Oversee and provide technical assistance to the implementation of nationally developed models of instruction and the integration of local learning systems, innovations and delivery modes developed/piloted by the Regional Office and Schools Divisions and their adherence to national policies and standards
- Provide technical assistance to the schools divisions on appropriate learning environment, learning management, delivery systems and assessment modes for all types of learners
- Manage the implementation of accreditation schemes for different learning systems, e.g. accreditation and equivalency testing
- Manage the conduct of field research on curriculum and instruction in support of the delivery of a quality basic education to inform curriculum development
- Provide technical assistance to the schools divisions to strengthen their capacity to manage the implementation of the curriculum and supervision of schools and learning centers (LCs)
- Provide technical assistance to the schools divisions in managing the organization, implementation and monitoring of the special needs education programs (i.e. Madrasah Education, IP Education, and education for differently-abled learners) in public and private schools consistent with national policies and guidelines
- Manage evaluation of pilot results and region-wide implementation of any modification or newly developed features of the curriculum
- Monitor and evaluate the pilot of learning models and strategies for special needs education to inform adoption for region-wide implementation
Human Resource Development Division
To ensure competent personnel and staff in the regional and schools division offices through the implementation and management of an efficient and effective training and development system towards improved professional competencies and organizational performance in the delivery of basic education.
Specific Functions on Human Resource Planning and Management:
- Develop regional policy framework, standards, guidelines and strategic plan for the operations of the HRD and NEAP in the region consistent with national policies and standards
- Manage the implementation of the HRD services, i.e. HR planning; Search, competency assessment, selection, and placement; Orientation and induction program; Succession planning and career development/management; Performance management; and Exit/retirement program
- Oversee the implementation of the applicable HRD Systems including the Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) in the Region
- Undertake HRD-related research
- Manage and monitor programs for the varied needs and well-being of employees
- Adopt or customize national systems for reward and recognition for regional personnel
- Manage and utilize the relevant components of Human Resources Management Information System (HRMIS) for operations and decision-making
- Provide technical assistance to the Schools Divisions on the implementation of the Employee Benefits Programs and the HRD systems
National Educators Academy of the Philippines at the Region (NEAP - R)
- Manage the operations of the NEAP in the region (Professional Programs Development, Professional Programs Management, and Quality Assurance)
- Develop and manage needs-based professional development programs and material resources for region and schools division staff including training of trainers
- Utilize assessment and evaluation results of HRD programs, projects and activities towards their improvement and/or recommend actions for management decision
- Manage the scholarship program of and for the region
- Provide technical assistance and mobilize resources for the operations of the T&D System in the schools divisions
- Link with the Regional CHED and education institutions for the development and recognition of NEAP-R training programs for credit units at the graduate level or for specialization/certificate/degree programs
- Adopt NEAP standards for Training and Development, accreditation of programs /service providers, and trainers assessment
- Monitor and evaluate the Schools Divisions' compliance to T&D System standards and the NEAP-R's performance
- Manage the Training and Development Information System (TDIS),a component of the HRMIS, in support to the provision of quality professional development programs
Education Support Services Division
To support the delivery of basic education through (special) programs, projects, and the provision of needed resources to the Schools Divisions in order to create an environment conducive to learning and ensure learner readiness to learn through:
- School Health and Nutrition
- Education Facilities
- Programs and Services
- Establish localized standards, structures, and mechanism to implement policies on management and implementation of special programs and projects that provide support to the delivery of basic education
- In coordination with the FTA Division, provide technical assistance to the schools divisions as regards Project Proposal preparation for funding and other needs for education support services
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies/ programs to utilize resources generated by partnerships with education stakeholders
- Facilitate the realization of the project and funding proposals of the Schools Divisions within the region
- Ensure equitable distribution of resources in the schools divisions and arrive at recommendations for maximum utilization of the same
- Coordinate mobilization of human, financial and material resources across the region
- Oversee and monitor and provide technical assistance to the Schools Divisions in the implementation of the health and nutrition, physical facilities and special event programs in the region
- Assess, evaluate the results of special programs and projects on learning outcomes and submit recommendations for management decision.
- Engage the regional office, stakeholders (as needed), and counterparts in the Schools Division Offices in planning, implementing, coordinating and monitoring activities related to Disaster Risk Reduction Management (DRRM), Education in Emergencies (EiE), climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Field Technical Assistance Division
To coordinate and integrate the provision of technical assistance (TA) to schools divisions with the purpose of facilitating the delivery of quality basic education and create an enabling environment for School-Based Management (SBM) and “ACCESS” program
- Coordinate the formation and maintenance of cross-functional TA teams by ensuring that all RO divisions are represented in each TA team and each Schools Division is provided with technical assistance
- Consolidate and submit an annual Regional Technical Assistance Plan (RTAP) for approval by the Regional Office management team
- Provide support to the “cross-functional” TA teams in terms of responding to the needs of target clients
- Provide research based feedback
- Consolidate and integrate feedback and reports from technical assistance teams for policy considerations and management decisions
- Monitor and evaluate outputs and outcomes of TA interventions in the schools divisions towards continuous learning and process improvement.
- Submit quarterly and annual reports on the results of monitoring and evaluation of TA interventions with recommendations for management action.
Specific Functions of the (Cross-functional) Technical Assistance Teams
- Analyze regional education data and identify development needs of the schools divisions
- Work with the schools divisions in validating needs, providing TA action and conceptualizing and implementing the interventions needed to respond to their identified need/s
- Assess and evaluate results of TA actions and interventions
Quality Assurance Division
To ensure compliance with standards of quality basic education by assessing, monitoring and evaluating the region and schools division performances to inform decision making and guide policy directions in the region towards continuous improvement in the delivery of basic education.
- Manage the operationalization of the national assessment framework in the region and schools divisions by implementing processes and tools or developing them as needed.
- Oversee the implementation of the regional assessment program in the schools divisions
- Provide technical assistance to schools divisions in the utilization of national and regional assessment results for improving resource allocation and provision of intervention programs
b. Quality Assurance
- Manage a regional quality management system to ensure quality education planning, quality assured processes for program and project implementation and quality control of education outcomes across schools divisions
- Develop evaluative criteria and standards on the implementation of all education programs - instructional and non-instructional
- Quality assure the systems and processes in the region and schools divisions in compliance with standards and guidelines on:
- The establishment, operation, conversion, separation, integration, accreditation and management of both public and private schools and learning centers (LCs).
- In coordination with the FTA Division, the provision of technical assistance to the schools division offices
- Implementation of division-based INSET programs & other services of the NEAP in the Regions
- Compliance of the schools division offices to the staffing pattern set by the region
- Allocation and utilization of resources by the schools divisions
- Conduct research studies and policy reviews on regional standards and programs
Policy, Planning and Research Division
To facilitate the formulation and implementation of education plans, policies, standards and guidelines in all areas of basic education in the region through the conduct of research studies and the development and maintenance of the Regional Education Planning and Data Management Systems in order to inform and guide management's strategic and operational decisions in the delivery of quality basic education.
- Lead in the development of the regional education policy framework that integrates the local context
- Lead in the development of the Regional Education Development Plan (REDP) and maintenance of the Regional Education Planning System
- Facilitate the formulation of plans, policies, standards and guidelines based on data and research findings within the region.
- Lead in the maintenance and updating of the Management Information System
- Lead in the preparation/updating of the Regional Education Development Plan (REDP) and the Annual Implementation Plan (AIP) of the Region
- Provide technical assistance to all RO divisions and RO -TA teams in the preparation of quarterly action plans that are aligned with the AIP of the Region and utilized QA and M&E results
- Provide guidance to the regional office in the utilization of the EMIS for planning and decision-making
- Quality assure the processes for regional data management (collection, validation and processing)
- Serve as the clearing house for regional basic education data/information;
- Prepare regional statistical reports that will support regional policy, research and plan development;
- Generate and disseminate timely, accurate and relevant basic education statistics to both internal and external stakeholders (e.g., CSOs, RDC);
- Lead in the development of the regional research agenda to guide the conduct of research by the functional divisions.
- Provide technical assistance to the schools divisions in the preparation of their respective division education development plans (DEDPs)
Administrative Services Division
To provide the regional office with efficient, economical, and effective services relating to personnel, records, receipt of correspondence, supplies, equipment, collection, disbursement, security and custody of property, and reportorial work to oversight agencies.
- Install and implement in the region the required administrative systems - recruitment and selection, performance appraisal, personnel action and records, benefits administration, supplies and equipment procurement, recording and disposal, ground and building maintenance, and reporting- for greater work efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide administrative services and ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of services
- Provide the Regional Director with the necessary staff advice, assistance, and services on personnel action
- Manage and implement personnel actions to all employees in the regional office, except for the RD and ARD
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Director in the evaluation of performance of all SDSs and ASDSs in the region and make recommendations to CO in coordination with HRD, for appropriate personnel action
- Provide administrative support the implementation of the performance appraisal system for all employees in the region and implement reward and recognition system in coordination with the HR Division and the division chiefs or heads of units in the regional office
- Establish a mechanism to implement national policy on personnel assistance program (to recommend to CO to establish a national policy)
- Plan and manage the effective and efficient use of all personnel of the regional office in accordance with existing rules
- Implement administrative and disciplinary sanctions imposed on erring regional office personnel, and act as the coordinating unit for the implementation of an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) system in the region.
- In coordination with the FTA Division, provide technical assistance to the schools division offices as regards administrative services
Provides services to the RO related to cash collections, disbursements, liquidations and preparation of reports to the accounting office to ensure proper utilization and timely disbursement of funds and liquidation of cash advances to pay for government obligation in accordance with accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
Ensures the acquisition of personnel and tracking their movement within the organization, the timely receipt of their compensation and mandated benefits and provides personnel related information by managing the employee data base and records.
Provides administrative support to the management and staff of the region to ensure the receipt, recording, and distribution of official correspondence and documents; safekeeping, preservation, and retrieval of records and files of operational, legal and historical value; and the disposition of files and records according to existing laws and policies; through the establishment and maintenance of an effective and efficient records management system in the regional office and provision of technical assistance to the schools division offices.
Asset Management Section
Provides and gives equitable services to the delivery of basic education assets, supplies; Instructional Materials and needed resources and establish Socialized Standards, Structures and mechanism to implement and ensure efficient delivery of Property and Supply Management System in accordance with COA rules and regulations
General Services Unit
Ensures efficient, economical and effective general support services relating to safety and security of office personnel, premises, documents and properties; ground and landscape maintenance, building and office facilities maintenance, and motor pool services in order to provide the regional office personnel with a safe, clean and healthy environment conducive to the effective performance of their respective functions and delivery of services.
To provide advice to the Regional Director on the financial resource of the region and provide services in budgeting, accounting, reporting and coordinating with government oversight agencies.
- Install and implement in the region the required financial systems (budgeting, accounting and reporting) for improved productivity, efficiency and timely completion of government transactions
- Prepare and consolidate budget proposals including supporting justifications and explanations
- Prepare/process the following:
- Fund estimates to support the Region's plans and programs subject to set budgetary ceilings and assist in the execution and control of the approved budget of the Region; and
- Payrolls and salary checks/ ATMs of all public elementary and non-IUs secondary school teachers and non-teaching personnel, including remittances of authorized deductions and maintain records of the same
- Prepare and submit financial statements and reports and certify to availability of funds and/or allotments and to the correctness of vouchers, journals, bills, and other financial reports;
- Provide the Regional Director with the necessary staff advice, assistance, and services on budgetary, financial management matters;
- Develop and establish procedures in monitoring and supervision of divisions' physical and fiscal resources
- Formulate, in coordination with the RDC, the budget to support the regional educational plan which shall take into account the educational plans of the divisions
- Monitor and assess the schools divisions regarding:
- Resource mobilization and utilization; and
- Compliance with the existing rules and regulations
- In coordination with the FTA Division, provide technical assistance to the schools division offices as regards budget and finance services
Maintains financial records and reports to provide management with information for decision making and accounting reports to oversight agencies to ensure the proper utilization of funds in accordance with accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
provides management with economical, efficient, and effective budgeting services and reliable and timely financial information for decision making towards the cost-effective allocation and utilization of financial resources of the region.