DO 93, s. 1987 – Transfer of Authentication/Certification Functions of DECS Central Office to Regional Offices
To: Regional Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Effective September 1, 1987, the issuance of authentication/certification of high school and college diplomas, transcript of records and other related school documents will be transferred from the Central Office to the regional offices of the Department of Education, Culture, and Sports.
- Regional directors should request the State Colleges and universities (SCU’s) in their respective regions to submit the specimen of signature of officials authorized to sign transcripts/diplomas and the degrees/programs offered before and after the conversion of the school into a state college or university.
- Applicants for overseas and local employment, students and others who need an authentication/certification of their school credentials are advised to see the Office of the Regional Director of the region where their schools are located.
- It is requested that extensive dissemination be facilitated in the region by tapping all local media outlets (TV, radio, print, newsboard ) for this purpose.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired for the information and compliance of all concerned.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Reference: MECS Order No. 48, s. 1986
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
RULES AND REGULATINS