DO 49, s. 2005 – 2004 and 2005 Table and Chairs/Armchairs Procurement Program Amended by
August 26, 2005
DO 49, s. 2005
2004 and 2005 Table and Chairs/Armchairs Procurement Program
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- Funds for the procurement of tables and chairs/armchairs for FY 2004 is placed at P450 Million (re-enacted GAA of FY 2003) and 1 Billion for FY 2005. The Guidelines for the preparation of the List of Recipient Schools to be funded under the FY 2004 and 2005 General Appropriations Act are found in the enclosures. The desk allocations per congressional district are in Annexes 1 and 2.
- Procurement shall be in accordance with Republic Act No. 9184 otherwise known as the Government Procurement Reform Act, and therefore requires that all BAC members should have attended the orientation/training/workshop on RA 9184 and its implementing rules and regulations.
- In line with the decentralization policy of the Department, the division offices shall implement the CY 2004 and 2005 Tables and Chairs/Armchairs Procurement Program. Field offices shall furnish the Physical Facilities Division, Office of Planning Service with a copy of the list of recipient schools, for monitoring purposes.
- The Division Offices will determine the material for desks/armchairs to be bid in their respective divisions following DepEd standard dimensions and designs.
- In preparing the list of priority schools, please note the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district and the unit cost for the set of tables and chairs for the elementary grades and armchairs for secondary level. The regional/division office should also consider the updated Basic Education Information System (BEIS) which provides data on school furniture needs at the school level. A color spectrum has been devised to determine which schools are in greatest need of classroom seats.
- The list of recipient schools in both hard and soft copies must be submitted to the Procurement Service (PS) via telefax no. (02) 636-65-42 and the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) not later than August 29, 2005 via telefax nos. (02) 633-72-63 and (02) 638-71-10). Sample Forms to be used in the preparation of the list of recipient schools are hereto attached as Annexes 3, 4 and 5.
- This supersedes DepED Order No. 59, s. 2004 dated October 27, 2004
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance of all concerned.
DepED Order: No. 59. s. 2004
Allotment: 1 – – (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: