To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
- In recognition of the significant role and contributions of the Supreme Student Governments (SSG) in the schools and in line with the Student Government Program (SGP) of the Department of Education-Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (DepED-CSCA), the enclosed Revised Standard Constitution and By-Laws is hereby issued for implementation in all secondary schools.
- The objectives for the issuance of this Revised Standard Constitution and By-Laws are to:
- strengthen the student governments and the studentry in all secondary schools;
- standardize this significant instrument in school student governance in all secondary schools;
- provide easy reference in monitoring and evaluating the performance of student governments;
- harness the student governments as a partner in achieving quality education and academic excellence in schools; and,
- make available real exposure, experience and learning in responsible and participative democracy and leadership.
- Beginning School Year 2009-2010 and every year thereafter, all public secondary schools nationwide shall strictly adopt this Revised Standard Constitution and By-Laws in its entirety. Private secondary schools may freely adopt the same as they see fit.
- The election of the Supreme Student Government officers every February shall already reflect all the revisions herein indicated.
- All School Heads are tasked to ensure and oversee the implementation of this Order in their respective schools. All Division and Regional Coordinators of the Student Government Program are required to report compliance with this Order to the DepED-CSCA.
- All previous DepED Orders and Memoranda issued in regard to the Student Government Program or the Supreme Student Government not inconsistent with this Order shall remain in force and effect.
- For queries and clarifications, please get in touch with the DepED-CSCA c/o Executive Director Joey G. Pelaez at tel. nos. (02) 636-3603 or 631-8495 or at email firstname.lastname@example.org or thru website www.deped-csca.com.
- Immediate and widest dissemination of this Order is enjoined.
DepED Order: Nos. 43, s. 2005 and 34, s. 2008 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: