DO 12, s. 1985 – Amendment to MECS Order No. 71, s. 1984 on Delegation of Authority
To: Bureau Directors
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The Philippine Association for Graduate Education (PAGE), through its President, has made formal representations with the undersigned informing that PAGE is still preparing proposed basic curricular requirements for each graduate course, and requested that while the said requirements are still being formulated, grant of permit and recognition for masteral and doctoral programs shall be decided by the Minister.
- The undersigned finds the request of PAGE reasonable. Accordingly, the provisions of Paragraph No. (2) under Private Schools Regulations of MECS Order No. 71, s. 384 on delegation of authority to the regional offices of the Ministry are hereby amended to read, as follows:
(2) Re: Grant/Withdrawal of permit for the operation of third level of instruction for non-board and non-bar courses requiring not more than four years of school attendance, except graduate programs whether on the masteral or doctoral level.
- Once the proposed basic circular requirements for each graduate program are submitted by POE and approved by the Minister, decision on grant of permit and recognition for graduate programs will be delegated to the Regional Directors as originally intended. An announcement to this effect will be made through a corresponding MECS Order.
- For the information and guidance of, and compliance by, all concerned.
- This Order takes effect immediately.
Reference: MECS Order No. 71, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-2-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS