DO 55, s. 1985 – Nominations for MECS Special Awards and CSC Honorary Awards
To: Deputy Ministers
Bureau Directors/ Cultural Agency Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- To give due recognition and reward for outstanding performance of teachers, school officials and support personnel, the Ministry is enjoining a more vigorous implementation of the incentive awards system. This Office takes cognizance of, and gives encouragement to, any recognition of awards to teachers, school officials and support personnel guaranteed by other government agencies or civic organization observing a rigid and fair selection process.
- In this connection, the field is hereby reminded of existing national awards as indicated in the Civil Service Rules and Regulations conformably to P.D. No. 807, and informed of special awards of this Ministry.
- The awards are as follows:
A. Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports National Awards
Outstanding Teacher Award (10) (Cash and Certificate)
Given to outstanding teachers during observance of Education Week. Candidates include those from public and private schools. Each region should submit two candidates.
Sagisag ng Karangalan Award (Cash and Certificate)
Given to teachers, employees and school officials in recognition of courage/exemplary service rendered in times of emergency or calamities, such as service in evacuation centers, rehabilitation centers in stricken areas and the like.
- There are awards given by offices/agencies with or without the participation of this Ministry such as the NSTA Award for science and mathematics teachers and science club advisers, and awards by JAYCEES, Lions, Rotarians or other agencies. These awards are announced separately by the agencies concerned. To be credited, for purposes of promotion, such awards must be submitted to the MECS Central Suggestions and Incentives Awards Committee for evaluation and accreditation.
- The field is hereby cautioned in this connection against accepting certain awards purportedly in recognition of outstanding accomplishment but requiring, however, contributions or donations of one form or another as a condition for the award.
- Wide dissemination of this Order is desired.
Incl.: As stated
References: BPS Circular No. 32, s. 1963
BPS Memorandum No. 44, s. 1967
MECS Memorandum No. 112, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-2-3—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
PRIZES OR AWARDS
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS