DO 59, s. 1985 – Amendment to MECS Order No. 9, s. 1984 (Policies and Standards of Nursing Education)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, Colleges of Nursing
- Pursuant to the request of Nursing Deans and Faculty who participated in the Faculty Re-training Programs under the joint sponsorship of the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE) and the Association of Deans of Philippine Colleges of Nursing (ADPCN), and upon the recommendations of the Pilot School, the St. Paul’s College of Nursing, Iloilo City, and the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE), the inclosure to MECS Order No. 9, s. 1984 on the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) curriculum is hereby amended for a more effective teaching of the professional nursing courses in the New BSN Curriculum.
- The amendments consist of changes in the sequencing of the subjects, including enrichment of the related learning experience through additional time allocation.
- The guidelines for evaluating records of Post Graduate Nursing (GN) Program for students desiring to take up Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the guidelines for computing fees for the Related Learning Experience are included for the information and guidance of all concerned.
- The complete text of the amended portion is inclosed.
- This Order superseded MECS Order No. 9, s. 1984, as regards the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) curriculum.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order No. 9, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-3-4—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS