DO 70, s. 1985 – Guidelines for the Implementation of the School Building Program
December 2, 1985
DO 70, s. 1985
Guidelines for the Implementation of the School Building Program
To: Assistant Secretaries
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The regular School Building Program for CY 1985 and 1986 has been included under IBRD Loan 2030-PH for partial financing of 80% of expenditure incurred during the period January 1, 1985 to December 31, 1986.
- In this regard, a Memorandum of Agreement (copy inclosed) between MECS and MPWH has been signed which specifies the particular roles of MECS at the national, regional and division levels in relation to its MPWH counterparts in the execution of the program to ensure smooth project implementation and accelerate drawdowns from Loan 2030-PH.
- The following guidelines for the implementation of the School Building Program should be followed to minimize, if not eliminate unnecessary changes of programmed projects and warrant the timely completion of school building targets:
- Monitoring of the implementation of the School Building Program shall include physical and financial targets and accomplishment, construction schedules, transfer of sites of programmed school building projects and acceptance of completed works in consultation with the MPWH Offices as per MECS and MPWH. Task forces at the national, regional and provincial/city levels shall be created to coordinate the implementation of the School Building Program as provided for in the said Memorandum of Agreement.
- Requests for transfer of sites of programmed school building projects shall carry the recommendations of the School Building Committee and the Regional Director of MECS for the approval of the MECS Minister before any corresponding realignment of funds is authorized by MPWH.
- Acceptance of each completed school building project shall be based on the work accomplished in conformity with the approved plans, specifications and program of work furnished by the MPWH.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order No. 10, s. 1983
Allotment: 1-2-3—(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
RULES AND REGULATIONS