DO 1, s. 1986 – Policies and Standards for Nutrition-Dietetics Education (Undergraduate)
January 2, 1986
DO 1, s. 1986
Policies and Standards for Nutrition-Dietetics Education (Undergraduate)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans/Department Heads/Chairmen of Nutrition Dietetics Program
- The inclosed set of policies and standards, approved by this Office upon the recommendation of the Bureau of Higher Education, after consultations with representatives from the Council of Deans and Heads of Nutrition and Dietetics (CODHEND) and the Board of Examiners for Nutrition-Dietetics of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC), and after a thorough study of the policies and standards for other related fields of discipline, will ensure that the Nutrition-Dietetics Education program will be relevant to present needs.
- This set of policies and standards embodies the general principles and guidelines relative to nutrition-dietetics education, and is geared to make it more responsive to Philippine society and its problems and to improve the state of nutrition in the country.
- With a view to further improving the efficiency and effectiveness of graduate in nutrition-dietetics, every nutrition-dietetics institution/department should adequately provide and equip the students with fundamental knowledge, attitude and skills in foods, nutrition and dietetics in order to prepare them for employment in such areas as teaching nutrition, applied nutrition research, hospital dietetics, commercial food service, and public health/community nutrition programs. The institutions should have the necessary flexibility and adaptability to improve its internal operations and curricular programs towards meeting the diverse needs of the students, the community, and the nation.
- All institutions offering the nutrition-dietetics education program should give these policies and standards the widest publicity possible in the academic community and its clientele.
- This Order supersedes all existing policies and standards related to nutrition-dietetics education and will take effect beginning the SY 1986-87.
- Compliance with these policies and standards by all concerned is requested.
Incl.: As stated
References: M.Pr.S. Circular No. 13, s. 1971
MEC Order No. 16, s. 1981
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE