DO 19, s. 1986 – Policies and Standards for Medical Technology Education
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, Colleges of Education
- The inclosed set of policies and standards approved by this Office, upon recommendation of the Philippine Association of Schools of Medical Technology and Hygiene (PASMETH) and the Bureau of Higher Education (BHE), embodies the general principles and guidelines for the establishment and operation of medical technology education program.
- Each medical technology school, in order to align its programs to the goals and mission of the institution and the nation and to make medical technology education responsive to the demands for manpower in the paramedical service, should have the built-in mechanism for continuous self-assessment of its instructional, research and extension service capabilities and program thrusts and the necessary flexibility and adaptability to improve its internal operation and curricular programs towards meeting the diverse needs of students, the community and the nation.
- All concerned institutions are enjoined to review and revise their curricula to conform to the provisions and requirements set forth in these guidelines. Four copies of the proposed or revised curriculum shall be submitted to the Bureau of Higher Education through the MECSRO for approval before said revision is implemented.
- The revised curricula shall be implemented according to the following schedule:
Curriculum Year Implementation Year First Year SY 1986-1987 Second Year SY 1987-1988 Third Year SY 1988-1989 Fourth Year SY 1989-1990
- This Order supersedes all existing guidelines which may relate to medical technology education and shall take effect immediately.
- Compliance with this Order by all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES