DO 42, s. 1986 – Signing of Graduation Certificates/Diploma of Private Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- It has come to the attention of this Office that in some school divisions in certain regions the schools superintendents are signing the school graduation certificates/diplomas of pupils/students in private schools.
- Under the principle of decentralization, which provides for progressive deregulation of and the grant of increasing autonomy to deserving private schools, this practice cannot be allowed to continue.
- Henceforth, therefore, school superintendents may no longer sign such certificates and diplomas. The private school concerned shall be held fully responsible for the graduation certificates/diplomas it issued.
- Moreover, the confirmation of graduates during graduation programs of private schools shall be done by the school heads concerned, as practiced by most private schools.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-3-4–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS