DO 47, s. 1986 – Amendments to MECS Order No. 34, s. 1984 (The New Four-Year Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans, Colleges of Pharmacy
- Pursuant to the request of the deans and faculty of colleges of Pharmacy and upon recommendation of the member schools of the Philippine Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (PACOP) and the Bureau of Higher Education, MECS Order No. 34, s. 1984 is hereby amended for a more effective teaching of the professional pharmacy courses in the New Four Year Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.S. Phar.) Curriculum.
- The amendments consist of the following:
- Clinical Pharmacy which is offered as part of Pharmacy Biology Science 2b Pharmacology in the Third Year, second semester of the new B.S. Pharmacy program, will be offered as a separate 3-unit course in the fourth year, 2nd semester, in lieu of Computer Science which is to be offered as an optional subject.
- Pharmacy 5 – Manufacturing Pharmacy and Drug and Cosmetic Quality Control will be increased to 6 credit units (3 lecture hours and 6 laboratory hours per week).
- A total of one hundred seventy one (171) units is now required to complete the B.S. Pharmacy program.
- The amended portions to MECS Order No. 34, s. 1984 and the course description of Clinical Pharmacy are inclosed for the guidance of those concerned.
- Those amendments will take effect second semester of school year 1986-1987.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: MECS Order No.34, s. 1984
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS