DO 60, s. 1986 – Creating an Ad Hoc Committee on Nonformal Education in the MECS Regional Offices
November 24, 1986
DO 60, s. 1986
Creating an Ad Hoc Committee on Nonformal Education in the MECS Regional Offices
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational Schools Superintendents/Administrator
- In view of the proposed new constitutional mandate which encourages “nonformal, informal and indigenous learning systems, as well as self-learning, independent, and out-of-school study programs, particularly those that respond to community needs” as appropriate steps to make education accessible to all and as alternative delivery systems” to provide adult citizens, the disabled, and out-of-school youth with training in civics, vocational efficiency, and other skills,” there is a need to respond to emerging demands from the regional context.
- In this connection, regional directors are enjoined to create an Ad Hoc Committee on Nonformal Education in each regional office. Composition of the said committee indicating the names and positions should be submitted to this Ministry (Attention: Bureau of Continuing Education) as soon as possible.
- The Committee shall have the following functions:
- Provide leadership in the administration, supervision and evaluation of nonformal education programs and projects in the region;
- Act as a transitional body to pave the way for the eventual operation of the regional nonformal education division;
- Initiate the development of nonformal education projects and other learning delivery systems that respond to the needs of the out-of-school population; and
- Perform other functions that may be required by higher authorities for the development and promotion of nonformal education in the region.
- The initial amount of fifty thousand pesos (P50,000.00) chargeable against the released funds for the implementation of nonformal education is hereby allotted for each region, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. The said amount may be used for operational expenses of the ad hoc committee, such as transportation allowances, supplies and materials, and printing services.
- Significant activities and achievements of the ad hoc committee should be reflected in the regular regional quarterly reports on continuing education.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(D.O. 1-76)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects: