DO 3, s. 1987 – Amending MECS Order No. 39, s. 1987 (Guidelines for the Purchase of Textbooks and Other Instructional Materials for Public Schools)
January 7, 1987
DO 3, s. 1987
Amending MECS Order No. 39, s. 1987 (Guidelines for the Purchase of Textbooks and Other Instructional Materials for Public Schools)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Chairman, Local School Board
Chairman, Textbook Council
General Manager, Instructional Materials Corporation
Executive Director, Educational Development Project Implementing Task Force (EDPITAF)
Commission on Audit
- For the purpose of MECS Order No. 39, s. 1986, instructional materials refer to educational products normally produced by educational publishers and do not include classroom furniture and supplies, such as blackboards, desks, chalks, pad paper, and similar items.
- Pending the full operationalization of the Instructional Materials Corporation (IMC) and the establishment of the necessary inter-agency procedures for ordering and paying for the purchase of instructional materials, but not beyond June 30, 1987, the implementation of requirement that purchase of instructional materials out of the appropriation of local governments or the Special Education Fund shall be directly made form IMC is hereby deferred.
- For purposes of monitoring and planning, schools superintendents are requested to secure copies of RIVS and/or P.O. purchases of instructional materials from appropriations of local units or the Special Education Fund and submit same to the Instructional Materials Corporation, Attn. Marketing Unit.
- All other provisions of the said MECS Order No. 39 remain unchanged.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is requested.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Reference: MECS Order: (No. 39, s. 1986)
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: