DO 92, s, 1987 – Task Force on Center for Nonformal Education
Bureau/Cultural Agency Director
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- One of the priority concerns of DECS is to provide an alternative education delivery system for out-of-school youth and unemployed young adults. The Cabinet acknowledged this concern and, after due deliberation, indicated that the SIDCOR Complex located at Pasig, Rizal is the most appropriate venue for the implementation of the nonformal education programs of DECS.
- Preparatory to the formalization of a more permanent organizational structure as may be mandated by executive fiat, a Task Force on the Center for Nonformal Education is hereby established with the authority to act for and in behalf of the Department of Education, Culture, and Sports relative to the turn-over of the facilities, equipment, furniture and fixtures and in the management thereof including all financial matters and transactions. Specifically, the Task Force shall perform the following transactions:
- Establish procedures and perform whatever is necessary to observe, maintain and secure buildings, physical facilities and equipment forming part of the Complex and formulate a plan to maximize the use of such resources consistent with education policies and programs of DECS;
- Establish procedures and programs of action for the effective conservation and efficient administration of financial resources to ensure financial viability, and dispose of funds and collections and follow a program of disbursement to maintain operations and proper disposition of financial obligations;
- Determine personnel requirements and recommend staffing patterns or assignments, including budget requirements relative to the management and administration of a Center for Nonformal Education and the implementation of a nonformal education development program;
- Review and evaluate on-going nonformal education programs, formulate a comprehensive plan to achieve the objectives of DECS nonformal education, and implement the basic componenets of literacy, livelihood skills and values education;
- Seek the cooperation and support of any DECS Bureau, Office or Agency as well as other agencies, public or private, in the performance of its assigned functions;
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Secretary to effect the smooth transfer of properties and finances to the DECS and the establishment of a Philippine Center for Nonformal education.
- The Task Force shall be composed of the following:
Undersecretary Victor M. Ordonez – Chairman
Undersecretary Adrian A.Arcelo – Member
Undersecretary Cladualdo B. Perez – Member
Undersecretary Tomas V. Santos – Member
Asst. Sec. Marcial A. Salatierra – Member
And such other members as may be deemed necessary in carrying out its functions and
- This Order takes effect immediately and shall continue to be in effect until otherwise determined by administrative or executive issuances.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3-4–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: