DO 118, s. 1987 – Creating a Special Committee on Public Service Ethics and Accountability
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/ Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Conformably to DECS Order No. 72, s. 1987, the DECS Special Committee on Public Service Ethics and Accountability is hereby created to perform the following functions:
- Accept complaints on any breach of standard for public service by any official of this Department and do referrals to appropriate administrative or supervising officials who in turn will conduct investigation and impose proper sanctions, if necessary.
- Upon the instruction of the Secretary, conduct fact-finding investigation to establish prima facie evidences of complaint filed with the committee.
- Render report to the Secretary, through the Undersecretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs, the results of all fact-finding investigation conducted by the committee.
- The Committee shall be composed of the following:
Assistant Secretary Diosdado P. Tuason – Chairman
Assistant Secretary Marcial A. Salvatierra – Vice-Chairman
Dr. Remigio P. Romulo – Member
Mr. George R. Garma – -do-
Atty. Nellie N. Transfoco – -do-
- The Committee hereby created is authorized to draw from the Department all available resources which are needed in the performance of its tasks. If necessary, the members of the Committee can summon any personnel of the Department to shed light on any case being investigated.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order and the cooperation of all concerned is requested.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Reference: DECS Order No. 72, s. 1987
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: