DO 8, s. 1988 – Teachers of Nonformal Education Literacy Classes to be Given Service Credits
January 27, 1988
DO 8, s. 1988
Teachers of Nonformal Education Literacy Classes to be Given Service Credits
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
- In line with this Department’s program to increase literacy rate through the different projects of nonformal education, teachers from the elementary and secondary public schools handling literacy classes beyond office hours shall be granted corresponding service credits.
- Teachers who are engaged in actual teaching of literacy classes everyday from Monday to Friday, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., shall be entitled to 10 hours service credits. Likewise, teachers handling literacy classes from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays shall be granted service credits of 10 hours. Six hours of service shall be granted one work day of service credit.
- Superintendents of schools are requested to submit to the regional office at the end of each month the official list of teachers who rendered such extra teaching service, the total number of hours they served, and the corresponding service credits (work days) earned together with the certified true copies of the CS Form 48 of the teachers concerned.
- This Order shall take effect on the date of its issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS