DO 12, s. 1988 – Organization and Creation of Barangay Agrarian Reform Council (BARC) Nationwide
January 29, 1988
DO 12, s. 1988
Organization and Creation of Barangay Agrarian Reform Council (BARC) Nationwide
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- By virtue of Section 19 of Executive Order 229 as implemented by DAR Administrative Order No. 6, s. 1987 which governs the above activities, this Office is authorizing the participation of head teachers/principals of the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) to supervise the election of the various sectoral representatives to the BARC and certify election results for submission to the Municipal Agrarian Reform Officer.
- The Barangay Agrarian Reform Council (BARC) shall be composed of 11 member-representatives, as follows:
- Representative/s of farmer and farm worker beneficiaries;
- Representative/s of farmer farm worker non-beneficiaries;
- Representative/s of agricultural cooperatives;
- Representative/s of other famer organizations;
- Representative/s of non-government organizations (NGOs);
- Representative/s of landowners;
- Representative of the Barangay Council;
- DA Official assigned to the barangay;
- DENRT official assigned to the area;
- DAR Agrarian Reform Technologist to the area who shall act as Secretary; and
- Land Bank of the Philippines representative/s.
Six of the aforementioned representatives from a to f are to be separately elected by sectors concerned together with their respective alternates (l alternate for each number). The rest (g to k) shall be designed by their offices.
- The duties of the BARC among others, are mediation, conciliation or arbitration of agrarian conflicts and issues brought to it for resolution and to assist the government in the effective implementation of the plans and programs of the CARP.
- Expenses for supplies and materials pertaining to the election of BARC representatives shall be borne by the local DAR office.
- Immediate dissemination and compliance with this Order is enjoined.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BOARD or COUNCIL
BUREAUS & OFFICES