DO 16, s. 1988 – Price Verification of All Textbooks, Reference Books and Materials, Instructional Materials, Tools and Tool Kits Previously Approved for Procurement by this Department for the Elementary and Secondary Levels
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In view of the Government’s renewed call for efficiency in the use of resources, this Department aims to respond by ensuring that its budget is utilized to the utmost, and that every Peso of its allotments is expended in the most economical manner.
- To achieve this end, all prices of textbooks, reference books and materials, instructional materials, tools, and tool kits previously approved by this Department are hereby considered to be subject to verification. This Department intends to accomplish this through the assistance of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) and the Commission on Audit (COA).
- All 1988 procurement transactions involving the above-enumerated items are hereby suspended until such time that this Department shall have issued new approved prices. Said new prices shall be passed upon by the DBM and the COA in view of the abolition of the Supply Coordination Office (SCO) and the absorption of its functions by the DBM.
- All concerned are directed to take instant measures to implement the provisions of this Order.
- This Order takes effect immediately.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, ELEMENTARY
Course of Study, SECONDARY