DO 24, s. 1988 – Additional Delegated Authority to Regional Offices
March 4, 1988
DO 24, s. 1988
Additional Delegated Authority to Regional Offices
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In line with the agreements reached during the BHE-DECSRO Consultative Conference held on September 14-16, 1987, the regional offices are hereby authorized to take final action on the following substantive authorities pertinent to Teacher Education and Business Education:
- Grant/Withdrawal of permit for operation;
- Grant/Withdrawal/Cancellation of government recognition;
- Restoration of cancelled/revoked government recognition, including retention of the same in cases of non-operation, transfer to another site, or change in the ownership of private colleges; and
- Approval or disapproval of the curricula.
- With the reorganization of the DECS and in order to facilitate the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of delegated authority, regional offices are enjoined to follow a uniform organizational structure (Inclosure No. 1). In addition to the major functions of the Higher Education Division, the following services for the tertiary level shall be the responsibility of said division: granting of permit and recognition, issuance of certificates for admission and special orders, processing of school fees and scholarship, and evaluation of advanced credits of foreign students.
- In consonance with General Provision 6b of MECS Order No. 48, s. 1986, regional offices shall submit to the Bureau of Higher Education an annual report on tertiary delegated authority (Inclosure No. 2) not later than the last working day of February of the succeeding year.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, this Order will take effect in SY 1988-89.
Incls.: As stated
References: MECS Order No. 48, s. 1986
Allotment: 1-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS