DO 29, s. 1988 – Operationalizing the National Center for Technical Education and Staff Development (ADD-DECS Project Loan Number 831 PHI)
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Presidents of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Technical and Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Pursuant to Schedule 6, paragraph 10 of the Loan Agreement (Loan Number 531 PHI), the establishment of the National and Regional Centers for Technical Education and Staff Development shall be undertaken at selected institutions under the Technical and Vocational Education Project (TVEP). The Marikina Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Marikina, Metro Manila has been identified as the seat of the National Center for Technical Education and Staff Development (NCTESD). The NCTESD shall primarily offer a one-year teacher upgrading program and provide research and development facilities on a performance basis.
- The NCTESD shall be administered as a semi-autonomous unit of the Marikina Institute of Science and Technology. An Advisory Board composed of the Undersecretary (incharge of Technical and Vocational Education and Nonformal Education) as Chairman, and the Director of BTVE, Superintendent of MIST and two representatives of industry, as members shall provide policy guidance and program direction to the National Center within the framework of the National Technical and Vocational Education System. The Project Director of the TVEP shall be the Secretary of the Advisory Board. The head of the Center shall be the Executive Director to be assisted by a Deputy Executive Director and an Administrative Support Staff.
- The NCTESD shall have four divisions, namely: (a) Curriculum and Resource Materials Development Division; (b) Equipment Maintenance, Development and Production Division; (c) Staff Development and Training Division; and (d) Manpower Planning, Research and Development Division. The four divisions shall each be headed by a Chief Technical Education Specialist, assisted by a Supervising Technical Education Specialist. (Organizational Chart and Functions inclosed).
- The Executive Director of NCTESD shall be designated by the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports upon recommendation by the Superintendent of MIST after consultation with the Advisory Board as soon as possible but not later than April 30, 1988. The Deputy Executive Director, heads of the four divisions and the Project Implementation Officer (PIO) of the Technical Education Program shall all be designated by the Superintendent of MIST on hold-over capacity until the plantilla of personnel of the NCTESD is approved.
- All matters pertaining to the implementation of the staff development component of the technical and vocational education project, under ADB Loan No. 531 PHI, not otherwise directed to the Project Director of the TVEP shall be addressed to:
The Executive Director
National Center for Technical Education and Staff Development
MIST, Marikina, Metro Manila
- The National Center shall start its operation effective April 1, 1988.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BOARD OR COUNCIL