DO 35, s. 1988 – Utilization of Instructional Materials and Accountability Therefor
To: Bureau Directors
- MECS Order No. 54, s. 1982 and MEC Memorandum No. 214, s. 1979 enjoin all school administrators/officials to institute and implement measures necessary to maximize the utilization of teaching aids, equipment and textbooks.
- It has been observed, however, that teachers are still hesitant to use and/or issue teaching aids and devices, equipment, tools and textbooks to pupils for fear of damage or loss.
- In as much as effective learning is largely dependent on the availability and proper use of support instructional materials, school officials are requested to see to the proper issuance and/or use of equipment, books and other teaching aids and devices. It is likewise, requested that all property custodians and teachers be reoriented on the provisions of the aforementioned DECS publications.
- In order to avoid fear of loss of instructional materials, school administrators are enjoined to discuss the contents of the inclosed procedures for Securing Relief of Property Accountability with school officials and teachers and other personnel concerned.
- Immediate dissemination and implementation of this Order is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incl.: As stated
References: MECS Order: (No. 54, s. 1982)
MECS Memorandum: (No. 214, s. 1979)
Allotment: 1-2–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS