DO 60, s. 1988 – Policies and Minimum Standards for the Two-Year Diploma in Rubber Production Technology Course
July 4, 1988
DO 60, s. 1988
Policies and Minimum Standards for the Two-Year Diploma in Rubber Production Technology Course
To: Regional Directors
- This Office, cognizant of the need for middle-level manpower in the various technology areas which shall provide the necessary skills and knowledge called for by technical positions, has approved the inclosed policies and minimum standards for the two-year technical program leading to Diploma in Rubber Production Technology.
- The policies and standards have been evolved after a series of consultation meetings and workshops with technical-vocational school heads and teachers from both the government and private sectors as well as representatives from the industry who will eventually absorb the graduates of this program.
- This program shall be implemented only by institutions located in areas with vast rubber resources and duly authorized by the Department of Education, Culture and Sports as having met the minimum standards as prescribed in this Order and with the collaboration of the private rubber industry sector through an institution-industry agreement.
- Any institution authorized to offer the new curriculum shall be assisted in setting up the minimum requirements for laboratory and shop facilities by the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE) and the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education (BTVE) in cooperation with the Technical Panel for Technical and Vocational Education (TPTVE). The Technical and Vocational Education Division of the DECS Regional Offices’ shall supervise the proper implementation of such minimum standards.
- Compliance with these policies and standards by all concerned is requested.
- It is desired that this Order be widely disseminated.
Incl.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order No. 34, s. 1988
Allotment: 1—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE