DO 63, s. 1988 – School Personnel to Liaise With the DECS in Behalf of Foreign Students
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- With the view to avoid overcrowding of foreign students in the DECS Central Office and to facilitate the processing of their papers, and upon the recommendation of the participants of the consultative conference on foreign students held on June 8, 1988 at the Philippine Center for Economic Development (PCED) Hostel, UP, Diliman, Quezon City, and the Bureau of Higher Education, schools authorized to enroll foreign students are requested to assign a specific personnel to liaise with this Department in behalf of their foreign students. For this purpose, schools are authorized to collect reasonable fees from their respective foreign students.
- The designated liaison personnel shall see to it that the required documents needed for the various papers applied for are ready in order that the same could be processed expeditiously. After which he or his authorized representative shall submit them to the Student Services Division, BHE, this Department.
- The liaison personnel of the accepting school shall be responsible for the preparation of application for original study permit, CEA and DECS Recommendation for Issuance of Student Visa. The liaison personnel of the school where the foreign student is currently enrolled shall have the same responsibility for the renewal of study permit, verification of ACR, change of course, and request for transfer.
- With the official designation of school liaison personnel, foreign students shall no longer be allowed to follow up papers with the DECS.
- In connection with this Order a zonal orientation seminar for the assigned school liaison personnel will be held each in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao, the schedule of which shall be issued later.
- This Order shall take effect in the second semester of school year 1988-89.
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES