DO 99, s. 1988 – Guidelines in the Payment of Retirement Gratuities on Claims Approved by GSIS Regional Offices
November 11, 1988
DO 99, s. 1988
Guidelines in the Payment of Retirement Gratuities on Claims Approved by GSIS Regional Offices
To: Regional Directors
Department Chief Accountant
Chief, Payroll Services Division
Regional Chief Accountants
- There are certain regions like Regions I, V, VI and VII where the GSIS Regional Offices approve the claims of field personnel and sends the approved retirement gratuity direct to the DECS Regional Offices.
- The DECS Regional Officers send the pertinent documents to the Payroll Services Division, Vito Cruz, Manila, for certification of last salary payments and a computation of underpayment or overpayment in the retirees’ salaries.
- The Payroll Services Division, consistent with the procedure where the DECS Central Office pays, requires the latter, instead of the Regional Offices, to make the request for certification of last salary payment.
- This arrangement is found to be expensive and circuitous on the part of the claimants whose agency of waiting has been prolonged.
- Since the payment of retirement gratitude is decentralized and all pertinent documents are now with the regional offices, it is no longer necessary to wait for the DECS Central Office to request for the certification from the Payroll Services Division.
- Except for those requested by claimants to be paid in Manila, the Regional Chief Accountant shall request directly for the “certification of last salary payment: from the Payroll Services Division, DECS, without coursing it through the Central Office Chief Accountant.
- Upon receipt of such request, the Payroll Services Division shall immediately prepare the certification and deliver/mail them direct to the requesting Regional Chief Accountant.
- The Department Chief Accountant, the Chief Payroll Services Division and the Regional Chief Accountants are hereby enjoined to strictly follow this new procedure.
- This Order takes effect immediately.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-(M.O. 1-87)