DO 107, s. 1988 – Creation of a Task Force to Receive and Investigate Complaints Against Unauthorized Deductions from the Salaries of Public School Teachers and Other Personnel of the Department
December 9, 1988
DO 107, s. 1988
Creation of a Task Force to Receive and Investigate Complaints Against Unauthorized Deductions from the Salaries of Public School Teachers and Other Personnel of the Department
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators/Principals
All Others Concerned
- The Department hereby reiterates the policy prohibiting the direct or indirect solicitation of insurance coverages and the availment of loans by, and from public school teachers and other employees, and hereby warns DECS officials and personnel engaging in such practices that they shall face administrative disciplinary action for any violation of this policy.
- Despite this Department policy, complaints from teachers continue to be received in the Department as well as in other branches of the government including the Senate, about unauthorized deductions in their salaries for premiums on insurance policy, which were not applied for or for payment of loans or other obligations which were not contracted for. Similarly, complaints have been received about school officials or their relatives causing teachers and other school personnel to enter or to apply for insurance coverages and to contract personal loans or obligations.
- In order to effectively and expeditiously attend to these complaints and to provide adequate mechanisms for receiving and investigating complaints in these nature, all regional directors, division superintendents, district supervisors, principals and other DECS officials are hereby enjoined to conduct an investigation on the extent of such practices in their respective jurisdiction and to take appropriate measures to eradicate such practices.
- At the DECS Central Office, a Task Force is hereby created to monitor the implementation of measures to curb these practices. The task Force is composed of the following:
Asst. Secretary Diosdado P. Tuason
Asst. Secretary Ramon C. Bacani
Asst. Secretary Marcial A. Salvatierra
Mr. George Garma, Chief, Employee Welfare and Benefits Division, HRDS
- The Task Force shall maintain a desk at the lobby, Palacio del Gobernador, to receive complaints from teachers and other DECS personnel.
- Immediate compliance with and wide dissemination of this Order is enjoined.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1-2-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: