DO 2, s. 1989 – Creation of Local Pre/Post Qualification, Bids and Awards Committee (LPBAC) for Agricultural Technology Education Project (ATEP)
To: Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
- A nationwide and centrally funded project of the DECS called Agricultural Technology Education Project (ATEP) is presently being implemented to upgrade agricultural education in the country.
- Realizing the bulk and extent of this project, the ATEP coordinating unit has recommended practical and systematic ways of implementation, one of which is the decentralization of the opening of bids and conduct of technical evaluation in some institutions.
- To this effect, Local PBAC (LBPACs) in the following institutions/state colleges and universities are hereby authorized to conduct biddings and evaluation of bid proposals under the Agricultural Technology Education Project subject to the conditions herein provided:
Benguet State University (BSU)
Central Luzon State University (CLSU)
Camarines Sur State Agricultural College (CSSAC)
Aklan Agricultural College (AAC)
Visayas State College of Agriculture (VISCA)
Bicol University (BU)
Panay State Polytechnic College (PSPC)
Northern Mindanao State Institute of Science and Technology (NMSIST)
University of Southeastern Philippines (USP)
- The LPBACs created herein are authorized to undertake activities in accordance with Executive Order No. 164 dated May 5, 1987 subject to the following conditions:
- The LPBACs shall conduct bidding and evaluation in accordance with the forms and procedures prescribed by the DECS Central PBAC.
- The Chairman of the DECS Central PBAC shall cause the review of the procedures undertaken by the LPBAC upon its recommendation to award. The former shall recommend to the Secretary the approval of the recommendation made by the LPBAC in accordance with the review findings.
- That ATEP being the project management group responsible for the successful implementation of the project shall coordinate and facilitate the conduct of bidding and evaluation made by the LPBAC in accordance with the procedures stated herein.
- For immediate implementation.
References: MECS Order No. 50, s. 1984
DECS Order No. 3, s. 1988
Allotment: 1-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS