DO 7, s. 1989 – Designating the Members of the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE)
To: Bureau Directors
Chief of Service and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges/Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In accordance with MECS Order No. 28, s. 1986, the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education (TPAE) as created through Department Order No. 3-a, s. 1977 is mandated to operate and serve as a research, technical consultative, advisory and policy recommending body to the Department of Education, Culture and Sports through the Board of Higher Education and the Bureau of Higher Education on programs for upgrading agricultural education in the Philippines.
- Pursuant to paragraphs 5 and 6 of said MECS Order, the following are hereby designated members of TPAE effective January 1, 1989 to wit:
Dr. Ruben L. Villareal
Dean, College of Agriculture, UPLB as Crop Science Expert
Chairman Dr. Nilo L. Rosas
Director, Bureau of Higher Education (BHE)
Co-Chairman Dr. Pedro L. Esteban
Director, Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education (BTVE)
Member Dr. Valentino G. Arganosa
Professor, Institute of Animal Science, College of Agriculture, UPLB
as Animal Science Expert
Member Dr. Armando A. Villaflor
Associate Dean, College of Forestry, UPLB
as Forestry Expert
Member Dr. Rogelio O. Juliano
Chancellor, U.P. in the Visayas
as Fisheries Expert
Member Dr. Mauro F. Manuel
Professor, College of Veterinary Medicine, UPLB as Veterinary Medicine Expert
Member Engr. Felipe T. Mateo, Jr.
President, Northern Foods Corporation as Agricultural Engineering Expert
Member Agricultural Teacher
Member Representative from the Department of Agriculture and Food Member Representative from the Department of Environment and Natural Resources Member Representative from Professional Regulations Commission Member Miss Amelia A. Biglete
Attention is invited to paragraph 4 of MECS Order No. 28, s. 1986 regarding the TPAE functions. In addition, the Chairman shall be mainly responsible for the substantive activities of the TPAE Secretariat, and the Co-Chairman shall be responsible for administrative matters.
- To serve as TPAE consultants from the Bureau of Higher Education are Dr. Alicia J. Tan, Assistant Director, Mrs. Zenaida Villaescusa, Chief, Standards Development and Monitoring Division; and Mr. Reynaldo T. Pena, Assistant Chief, Student Services Division. In addition, the TPAE Chairman may retain the services of experts/consultants either on a full-time or part-time status as technical committee members, resource persons and/or evaluators to assist in implementing the mission of TPAE.
- TheTPAE members, in consideration for their services, will receive monthly honoraria/allowances as authorized under the existing rules and regulations of the UPLB as administrator of the TPAE fund pursuant to the Memorandum of Agreement dated March 7, 1985.
- This designation shall be effective January 1, 1989 unless sooner terminated.
Reference: MECS Order (No. 28, s. 1986)
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUEAUS AND OFFICES
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
COURSE OF STUDY, SECONDARY
RULES AND REGULATIONS