DO 10, s. 1989 – Amendment of Policies on NCEE
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Upon recommendation of the Bureau of Higher Education and the National Educational Testing and Research Center, the exemption from the NCEE requirements of the following categories of students is hereby declared automatic, and therefore need not be issued certificated of exemption. High school graduates who:
- Are enrolling in short-term post secondary terminal courses of less than four years of study;
- Obtained academic units in college prior to the implementation of the NCEE in the school year 1974-75;
- Took the NCEE in 1970 and enrolled in a bachelor’s course in school year 1978-79; and
- Have finished a degree course but would like to take up another degree.
- All other categories of students exempted from NCEE requirements per MECS Order No. 9, s. 1983 shall be required to secure certificate of exemption.
- This Order amends section III, 1, 7 and 0 of the Inclosure to MECS Order No. 9, s. 1983, and takes effect immediately.
Reference: MECS Order No. 9, s. 1983
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS