DO 45, s. 1989 – Creation of the Project Advisory Group (PAG) and the Project Coordination and Implementation Group (PCIG) for the JICA-Funded Typhoon Resistant Schoolbuilding Project in Region V
May 12, 1989
DO 45, s. 1989
Creation of the Project Advisory Group (PAG) and the Project Coordination and Implementation Group (PCIG) for the JICA-Funded Typhoon Resistant Schoolbuilding Project in Region V
- In the interest of efficient and effective implementation of the Typhoon-Resistant Schoolbuilding Project in Region V funded thru a grant from the Government of Japan thru Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), a Project Advisory Group (PAG), is hereby constituted, the main purpose of which is to provide policy directions in the overall implementation of the aforesaid Project. The PAG, which will be chaired by the Undersecretary for Foreign-Assisted Projects, and concurrently the Executive Director of EDPITAF, will have as members of the follows:
- Dr. Adriano A. Arcelo – Undersecretary for Finance and Administration, DECS
- Mr. Ramon C. Bacani – Assistant Secretary for Planning
- Ms. Desideria R. Rex – Regional Director, DECSRO V
- In recognition of the indispensable participation of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) and the Department of Local Government (DLG) in this important undertaking, Undersecretary Cesar N. Sarino of the DLG and Undersecretary Teodoro T. Encarnation of the DPWH together with the DPWH Regional Director for Region V have been invited to sit as members of the PAG.
- In order to effectively coordinate the pre-implementation and implementation activities including the monitoring and evaluation of the progress of the Project, a full-time Project Coordination and Implementation Group (PCIG) lodged at EDPITAF is also hereby created which will be assisted on an on-call basis by one senior technical staff each from the Office of the Planning Services and the Physical Facilities Division of the Bureau of Secondary Education. Authority is therefore granted the Undersecretary for Foreign-Assisted Projects to immediately constitute the PCIG.
- A representative each from the Bureaus of Elementary and Secondary Education shall serve as resource persons to the Project Coordination and Implementation Group.
- The EDPITAF, being the lead agency for the Project shall be responsible and accountable for all project implementation activities.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Allotment: 1–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual – Index under the following subjects:
BOARD or COUNCIL
BUREAUS & OFFICES