To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In accordance with the operationalization and implementation of DECS Orders Nos. 86, s. 1987 and 37, s. 1988, a National Agriculture Education System (NAES) Technical Committee is hereby created to effectively assist the EDPITAF in the technical program aspect of projects implementation of the NAES, initially the Agriculture Technology Education Project (ATEP) funded under Loan Agreement 884-PHI between the Asian Development Bank and the Philippine Government and specifically, activities related to the pilot testing of the NAES. The Committee shall have the following functions and responsibilities:
- Recommend general guidelines and policies in the implementation of NAES;
- Discuss and recommend measures toward resolving issues and problems in the various aspects of NAES implementation;
- See to it that NAES is being implemented according to plans and towards the realization of the objectives;
- Provide direction and advice necessary for the successful attainment of the goals of the Agricultural Technology Education Project (ATEP) and other foreign-assisted projects supporting the NAES;
- Recommend approval of the detailed operational/implementation plan of the project consultants and the Project Benefit Monitoring and Evaluation (PBME) Unit;
- Assess/evaluate the outputs/performance of the project consultants;
- Promote/ensure collaboration and cooperation among the project institutions;
- Meet at least once every quarter; and
- Provide other assistance that may be needed.
- The committee membership shall have a term of one year. The Committee shall be composed of the following:
- Chairman of the Technical Panel for Agricultural Education as the Committee Chairman;
- EDPITAF representative as Vice-Chairman;
- The TPAE Executive Secretary as the Secretary of the Committee;
- Representative from the following office, institutions:
- One from the Bureau of Higher Education
- One from the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education
- One from the national agricultural universities and colleges
- One each from the three zonal agricultural universities/colleges for agriculture teacher education (also regional agricultural colleges)
- One from the regional agricultural colleges not serving as zonal institution for teacher education on rotation basis
- Three from the provincial technical institutes of agriculture (one each from Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao), on a rotation basis
- The consultant to the NAES Technical Committee; and
- Managers of NAES Projects
- In order for the committee to respond to the day-to-day affairs, needs and business of the projects, an Executive Committee (Execom) is hereby created composed of three (3) members as follows: the chairman, the vice-chairman and the committee secretary.
- In between meetings of the NAES Technical Committee, the Executive Committee (Execom) shall have the authority to perform all acts en banc for and on behalf of the Technical Committee in line with established functions, responsibilities and policies; provided that the Execom shall not have the power to fill vacancies in their own membership, of which vacancies shall be filled by the Technical Committee; the Execom shall meet at stated times or on notice issued by the Chairman. It shall fix its rules and procedures and keep regular minutes of all its proceedings and report the same to the Technical Committee.
- The NAES Technical Committee and its Execom shall report directly to the Executive Director, EDPITAF. Initial funding of the Committee shall come from ATEP funds.
- This Department Order shall take effect immediately.
References: DECS Orders: Nos. 96, s. 1987 and 37, s. 1988
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS