To: Bureau Directors
Chiefs of Services and Heads of Units/Centers
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- In accordance with Section 6, Rule II of the Rules and Regulations for the Implementation of B.P. Blg. 232, the Technical Panel for Engineering Education (TPEE) shall serve as a consultative and advisory body to the Board of Higher Education through the Bureau of Higher Education on matters relating to the development of engineering education in the Philippines.
- The members of the Technical Panel for Engineering Education (TPEE) are hereby designated as follows:
Dr. Ruben Garcia – Chairman
Dean, UP College of Engineering (as Mechanical Engineering Expert)Dr. Nilo L. Rosas – Co-Chairman
Director, Bureau of Higher Education (as Higher Education Expert)Dean Rodrigo V. Masil
School of Electrical Electronics and Communication & Computer Eng’g.
Mapua Institute of Technology (as Electrical Engineering Expert)Dir. Jose D. Lacson – Member
National Manpower & Youth Council (NMYC)
(as Skills Development & Training Expert)
Dean Peter M. Ureta – Member
President, Philippine Association of Technological Educators (PATE)
(as Civil Engineering Expert)
Engr. Federico V. Epistola – Member
Philippine Chamber of Commerce & Industry (as Industrial Engineering Expert)
Representative – Member
National Economic Development Authority (as Education & Manpower Development Expert)
Engr. Julio F. Abarquez – Member
Member, Board of Mechanical Engineers (as representative of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC))
Dr. Perfecto K. Guerrero – Member
Board Member, Philippine National Science Society (as Mining/Metallurgical Eng’g. Expert)
Engr. Alberto B. Muyot –Member
Vice-President, Philippine Technological Council (as Chemical Engineering Expert)
Dr. Pedro L. Esteban – Member
Chairman, Technical Panel for Vocational and Technical Education, BTVE
(as Technician Education Expert)
Dr. Francisco L. Viray – Member
UP National Engineering Center (as Continuing Eng’g. Education Expert)
Dean Geronimo V. Manahan – Member
College of Architecture
University of the Philippines (as Architecture Education Expert)
Dr. Angel L. Lazaro III – Member
Dean, College of Engineering
De La Salle University (as Civil Engineering Expert)
- Engr. Julito D. Vitiolo, is hereby appointed as Executive Secretary to head the TPEE Secretariat.
- To serve as TPEE consultants are Dr. Alicia J. Tan, Assistant Director and Mrs. Adoracion M. del Prado, Senior Educational Researcher, Bureau of Higher Education. In addition, the TPEE Chairman may retain the services of experts/consultants on a full-time or part-time status as technical committee members, resource persons and/or evaluators to assist in the furtherance of the missions of the TPEE.
- The TPEE members and consultants in consideration of their services, shall receive honoraria/allowances as authorized under existing rules and regulations.
- This designation shall remain in full force and effect starting January 2, 1989 until December 30, 1989 unless sooner terminated for cause.
- All orders, memoranda and issuances inconsistent with this Order are hereby amended or repealed accordingly.
Reference: DECS Order No. 75, s. 1988
Allotment: 1-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BOARD OR COUNCIL