DO 84, s. 1989 – Guidelines on Accountability for SEDP Textbooks and Teachers Manuals
September 4, 1989
DO 84, s. 1989
Guidelines on Accountability for SEDP Textbooks and Teachers Manuals
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- The development of the new textbooks and the corresponding teachers’ manuals based on the Desired Learning Competencies complemented the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC) under the Secondary Education Development Program (SEDP) to answer the need for quality education.
- The Philippine government funded the publication, handling, and delivery of the textbooks and manuals to the end users through the Instructional Materials Corporation.
- Metric tons of paper for the textbooks were donated by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) to achieve the target of one to one (1:1) student-textbook ratio.
- To insure the proper care and utilization of textbooks and teachers’ manuals, guidelines on the accountability for the instructional materials are given in Inclosure No. 1.
- Inclosure No. 2 is the Guarantee Slip (GS Form I) to be accomplished by the class adviser, the student and his parent/guardian.
- This Order takes effect immediately.
(SGD.) LOURDES R. QUISUMBING
Incls.: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: No. 11, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY