DO 48, s. 1990 – Adoption of the Programs and Projects Outlined in the Philippine Development Plan for Women in the Annual Plan for Women in the Annual Plan
Bureau Directors/Cultural Agency Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
- Equity of women and men before the law and recognition of the role of women in nation-building are provided for in Article II, Section 14 of the 1987 Philippine Constitution.
- To address the concerns of women for equality and development, the National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women (NCRFW) in coordination with the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) and with inputs from various government agencies and non-government organizations, formulated in 1988 the Philippine Development Plan for Women (PDPW), 1989-1992.
- On February 17, 1989, President Corazon C. Aquino issued Executive Order No. 348, directing all government agencies and offices to take appropriate steps to ensure the full implementation of the PDPW. Chapter 6 of the PDPW covers the programs and projects for education and training.
- NCRFW Memorandum No. 89-2, s. 1989 requires all cabinet members to report to the President once a year the status of the implementation of the agency plan, programs and projects to bring about gender equality and improve the status of women in education. It is requested that the programs and projects for implementation in school year 1990-1991 and every school year thereafter. Any undertaking related to the plan should be reflected in the Annual Report.
- Inclosed are copies of Executive Order No. 348 and chapter 6 of the PDPW.
- It is desired that this Order and its inclosure be immediately disseminated to all concerned.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-3– (M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index Under the following subjects: