DO 61, s. 1990 – The Creation of Calamity and Disaster Control Groups Amended by DO 14, s. 1997 – Amending and Reconstituting the Calamity, Disaster and Fire Control Group (CDFCG)
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Conformably with Department Memorandum No. 286, s. 1976 which enjoins all sectors to be adequately prepared to cope with various forms of disasters and calamities, and to MECS Memorandum No. 110, s. 1986 entitled “Calamity/Disaster Preparedness Plan,” there shall be established in each office and school a Calamity and Disaster Control Group (CDCG) which shall implement the Calamity/Disaster Preparedness Plan of the Department. It is suggested that DECS Order No. 32, s. 1990 shall be considered in the organization of the Calamity and Disaster Control Groups. The organizational structure of the CDCGs and the tasks of the different action units are indicated in Inclosure No. 1 and Inclosure No. 2, respectively.
- Calamities and Disasters are either natural or man-made. An example of man-made calamities or disasters in school campuses are those caused by fire, violent rallies and other forms of mass actions conducted by the students and faculty members. In this regards, the Calamity and Disaster Control Groups (CDCG) in each school and office shall, likewise, attend to the security requirements of office and school personnel, students, installations, classified documents, and other materials regarded essential to national security and development.
- The disaster control groups and action teams created pursuant to MECS Memorandum No. 110, s. 1986, and the Civil Security Units which were organized by virtue of Department Order No. 13, s. 1973 are hereby disbanded. The functions of these Units, however, shall be absorbed by the Calamity and Disaster Control Groups (CDCG).
- The Calamity and Disaster Control Groups shall be established from existing personnel and resources. If the appointment of a qualified calamity and Disaster Control Officer is not possible, the head of the Office/School or his representative shall be the Disaster Control Officer.
- For effective coordination, the Groups, except those in private schools and state colleges and universities, shall be under the functional direction of the Office of the Secretary. The Groups in state colleges and universities, vocational and technical schools, and those in private institutions shall directly coordinate their activities with the Regional Disaster and Calamity Control Groups. Inclosure No. 3 shows the coordination among groups and the office of the Secretary. It is suggested that information networks shall be established at the district, provincial, and regional levels.
- It is requested that the names and Personal History Statements (PHS) of all designated Calamity and Disaster Control Officers and their staff shall be submitted in triplicate copies to the Chief, Employees Welfare and Benefits Division, DECS, Palacio del Gobernador, Intramuros, Manila, through the Division and/or Regional Calamity and Disaster Control Groups.
- All requests for assistance as regards the organization and staffing of the Groups, and training personnel can be relayed to the Chief, Employees Welfare and Benefits Division.
- For the information and compliance of all concerned.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
Incls.: As stated
References: Deaprtment Order: (No. 13, s. 1973)
DECS Order: (No.32, s. 1990)
Department Memorandum: (No.286, s. 1976)
MECS Memorandum: (No. 110, s. 1986)
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES