DO 64, s. 1990 – Maximum Utilization of Personnel and Facilities of Secondary School in State Colleges and Universities and Vocational Schools
June 13, 1990
DO 64, s. 1990
Maximum Utilization of Personnel and Facilities of Secondary School in State Colleges and Universities and Vocational Schools
Heads of State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- An analysis of teacher-student ratio of secondary schools in state universities and colleges (SUCs) and those of vocational institutions shows a ratio ranging from 1:10 to 1:25 the most.
- With the pressing need of admitting more secondary students, it is hereby promulgated that:
- The gradual phase down of secondary schools in SUCs as embodied in DECS Order No. 22, s. 1989 shall be postponed to accommodate more secondary students especially in their laboratory schools.
- Vocational schools are enjoined to admit more students to the extent of attaining a teacher-student ratio of one is to fifty five (1:55).
- SUCs and vocational schools with established annexes or extensions shall increase their class capacities to take care of enrolling secondary students who cannot be accommodated in existing public and/or private schools.
- If the facilities and manpower resources of secondary schools would allow, night classes may be organized to provide full access to all those students seeking admission.
- These measures are being taken to avert problems in the accommodation of secondary school students who will avail themselves of the free public secondary education as provided for by R.A. 6655.
- SUCs which are ready to transfer their secondary schools to the DECS shall do so immediately so that the sub-allocation of funds may be effected with a minimum of delay by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM). Those which cannot effect the immediate transfer of their secondary schools to DECS are enjoined to do so not later than December 1990.
- All previous issuances which are inconsistent with the intent of this Order are herby rescinded.
7. The widest and fastest publicity and implementation of this Oder is enjoined.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 22, s. 1989)
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
Course of Study, SECONDARY
RULES & REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES