DO 74, s. 1990 – Prompt Action on Appointments and Payment of Teachers’ Salaries, Retirement and Other Claims
Directors of Services and Heads of Units/Centers
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- This Office has been receiving complaints, and many are even addressed to the President, members of Congress and Media, about delays in the payment of salaries, retirements, and other financial claims of teachers. One of the chief causes of the delay, according to studies made by this Office, is the late, improper, and inaccurate preparation of appointment papers, and reports of service of teachers and other personnel by field officials.
- In spite of the past measures suggested by this Office (MECS Order No. 61, s. 1984, Department Memorandum No. 7, s. 1978, BPS General Letter No. 2, dated January 2, 1969, and BPS Circular No. 12, s. 1954), these malpractices, most of which are traced to frontline services, have continued to plague the Department.
- To render a more effective, fast and fair service to our teachers and employees, the flow of reports and appointment papers and their due dates as indicated in the Enclosure should be observed and implemented.
- Arrangements have been made with the Payroll Services Division and all concerned offices in this Department so that all activities pertinent to teacher salaries be acted upon as fast and efficiently as possible.
- School officials and personnel, who shall have attained efficiency in their responsibilities in the prompt accomplishment of the reports on salaries and retirement claims on or before the due dates, are eligible for additional merits or points in their performance ratings or for awards by this Office. On the other hand, failure to comply with the prescriptions contained in this DECS Order will subject concerned school officials to administrative disciplinary action in accordance with PD 807 and R.A. 6713 Code of Conduct and Ethical Behavior for government officials and employees.
- In order that the procedures and schedules indicated in the Enclosure to this order will be well-understood and fully operationalized, the Staff Development Division of the Human Resource Development Service in coordination with the Finance and Management Service will conduct orientation/training at the regional level for all officials and personnel concerned.
- Please be guided accordingly.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
Incls.: As stated
References: MECS Order: (No. 61, s. 1984)
Department Memorandum: (No. 7, s. 1978)
BPS Circular: (No. 12, s. 1954)
BPS General Letter: (No. 2, dated January 2, 1969)
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
APPOINTMENTS, EMPLOYMENT, REAPPOINTMENT
RULES & REGULATIONS