DO 80, s. 1990 – Transfer of SUC Secondary Education Programs to DECS
July 12, 1990
DO 80, s. 1990
Transfer of SUC Secondary Education Programs to DECS
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges
- Pursuant to Section 6 of the Special Provisions Applicable to all State Universities and Colleges enumerated in R.A. 6831, directing the Secretary of Education, Culture and Sports to promulgate the implementing guidelines thereof in consultation with the Philippine Association of State Universities and Colleges, the following are hereby prescribed for the guidance of all concerned:
- The transfer of the secondary education program of all SUCs should be implemented in accordance with all pertinent provisions of DECS promulgations and issuances currently in force and effect, or to be promulgated or issued hereafter, if any.
- The date, manner, coverage, and other details of the transfer shall be prescribed by an Ad Hoc Committee for each SUC, to be composed of the following:
(1) The Secretary or his representative as Presiding Officer of the Board of Regents
(2) The President of the SUC concerned
(3) The NEDA Executive Regional Director
(4) The DBM Regional Director
(5) The DECS Regional Director
- The decision of the Committee shall be final if unanimous. Otherwise, the majority position shall be subject to review by a National Committee composed of the heads of the national agencies represented on the Ad Hoc Committees, or their representatives, and the PASUC representative.
- All Committees are requested to submit their decisions/positions on or before August 15, 1990 to allow sufficient time for giving notice to DBM regarding 3rd quarter releases for secondary education programs of SUCs.
- All DECS Orders and other issuances, or provisions thereof, are hereby amended or superseded accordingly.
- This Order shall take effect immediately.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
References: DECS Orders: Nos. 22, s. 1989 and 60, s. 1990
Allotment: 1-3–(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, SECONDARY
SOCIETY or ASSOCIATIONS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES