DO 111, s. 1990 – Designating the Limits of Responsibility and Areas and Cooperation between the Bureau of Secondary Education and Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services/centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Batas Pambansa Blg. 232 otherwise known as the Education Act of 1982 assigned the responsibility of continuing the general education started at the elementary level to the Bureau of Secondary Education while the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education was directed to strengthen and improve the quality of technical vocational education as a regular offering of the central educational system.
- DECS Order No. 36, s. 1987 assigned the responsibility over post secondary certificate courses to the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education.
- To avoid duplication of efforts of the Bureau of Secondary Education and the Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education insofar as administration and supervision of vocational courses are concerned, areas of responsibility are delineated as follows:
- The Bureau of Technical and Vocational Education shall be responsible for school offering or have been authorized to offer post -secondary technical vocational courses.
- The Bureau of Secondary Education shall be responsible for vocational high schools not offering post-secondary courses.
- BTVE assistance shall be solicited by the BSE in the enrichment of the Technology and Home Economics (THE) component of the New Secondary Education Curriculum (NSEC).
- The DOC shall assist in the implementation of other areas of NSEC in the high school department of post-secondary technical-vocational institutions. Likewise, these institutions shall be recipients of SEDP books and other instructional materials.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of the Order is desired.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARINO
Reference: DECS Order (No.30, s. 1987)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
Course of Study, COLLEGIATE
Course of Study, SECONDARY