DO 119, s. 1990 – Policies and Standards for Medical Education
October 24, 1990
DO 119, s. 1990
Policies and Standards for Medical Education
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Deans of Colleges of Medicine
- Upon recommendation of the Board of Medical Education (now Technical Panel for Medical Education) and as approved by this Office, the inclosed “Policies and Standards for Medical Education” is hereby issued for implementation by all medical schools in the country, beginning school year 1991-92.
- This set of policies and standards shall, likewise, serve as guidelines to be followed in the establishment of a medical school and grant of government authority for the operation of the four-year medical course leading to the degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D.).
- All existing colleges of medicine are hereby directed to take whatever action is necessary to meet the requirements in the Inclosed policies and standards. Evaluation of medical schools shall be based on the degree of compliance or non-compliance to these policies and standards.
- This Order supersedes all existing rules, regulations, and standards related to medical education.
- Strict compliance with this Order is hereby enjoined.
Incl.: As stated
References: MECS Order: No. 6, s. 1986
Allotment: 1-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
COURSE OF STUDY, COLLEGIATE
RULES AND REGULATIONS