DO 136, s. 1990 – Guidelines on Tuition Fee Increase in Private Schools, Colleges and Universities for the Second Semester, School Year 1990-1991
November 23, 1990
DO 136, s. 1990
Guidelines on Tuition Fee Increase in Private Schools, Colleges and Universities for the Second Semester, School Year 1990-1991
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- To provide for mandated wage increases as promulgated by the Regional Wage Boards, schools may increase their tuition fees as approved by the State Assistance Council (SAC) in accordance with the following prescribed rates of tuition fee increase per region:
- Presidents or Heads of private schools, colleges and universities must submit a certification, copy inclosed, properly notarized, stating (1) that the 70% share of tuition fee increases collected in June 1990 was distributed to the teaching and non-teaching personnel in the form of salaries, wages, allowances, and other benefits in compliance with Section 5.2.c of R.A. 6728, and (2) that the P25.00 mandated wage order in 1989 in accordance with R.A. 6727 was implemented.
- Tuition fee increases in the above-mentioned regions and within the prescribed rates shall not require consultation and DECS approval provided that the certification requirement as stated in Section 2 of this Order is met and a notice of increase is submitted to the DECS regional office concerned. Schools in the above-mentioned regions may increase beyond the prescribed rates subject to the provisions on consultation and DECS approval as provided for under Section 5 of DECS Order No. 50, s. 1990. Deadline for filing of notice or application for the second semester SY 1990-91 must not be later than December 14, 1990.
- The provisions on sanctions as provided in sections 6.1 and 6.2 of DECS Order No. 50, s. 1990 still apply.
- This Order takes effect immediately.
(SGD.) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
Incl: As stated
Reference: DECS Order: (No. 50, s. 1990)
Allotment: 1-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
ADMISSION OR ENROLMENT
RULES & REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES