DO 44, s. 1991 – Designation of Office of Planning Service as Department Presidential Action Line System (PALS)
May 10, 1991
DO 44, s. 1991
Designation of Office of Planning Service as Department Presidential Action Line System (PALS)
To: Regional Directors
1. In line with the President’s commitment to improve the line of communication between the Presidency and local government offices, the Presidential Action Line System ( PALS ) has been established, with the Presidential Management Staff ( PMS ) serving as the technical secretariat. Specifically, the system aims to provide immediate attention and response to the requests / concerns of the local Government Units ( LGUs ).
2. Each government agency has been instructed to set up a PALS unit which will handle referrals from PMS. In this regard, the office of Planning Service is hereby designated as the technical secretariat for the DECS Presidential Action Line System ( DECS-PALS ).
3. The functions of DECS-PALS are the following:
a. Refer to the appropriate DECS office the request from the local government unit sent by PALS.
b. Monitor status of requests.
c. Submit to the PALS Secretariat status reports every 15th and 30th day of each month.
4. All offices are enjoined to act expeditiously on requested forwarded by PALS. A copy of the action taken shall be furnished the Office of Planning Service for consolidation and reporting to PMS.
5. This Order shall take effect immediately.
( SGD. ) ISIDRO D. CARIÑO
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES