January 17, 1992 – DO 5, s. 1992 – Policy on Solicitation of Contributions
To: Regional Directors
- Many complaints have been received by this Office regarding contributions solicited from teachers to defray expenses for district/unit/provincial/regional athletic meets.
- During the PESPA convention last May, it was reiterated that no contribution in any form or manner should be solicited from teachers especially for athletic meets. It was emphasized that no meets should be held in the absence of funds for the purpose.
- Please be reminded once again that it is absolutely PROHIBITED to request/solicit monetary contributions especially from teachers or students for any programs, projects, meets, etc. for which no funds are available or allocated. Violations will be subject to penalty such as administrative charges.
- This Order should be posted in bulletin boards of schools and everyone from teachers, parents, students and all others concerned is enjoined to report any violations to the Secretary.
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance.
References: DECS Orders: No. 64, s. 1989 and 123, s. 1990
Allotment: 1-2—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS