June 8, 1992 – DO 59, s. 1992 – Amendments to DECS Order No. 140, s. 1991 (Guidelines in the Administration of the Study-Now-Pay- Later Plan (SNPLP) in the Regions Effective SY 1992-1993
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Conformably to the policy decision of the State Assistance Council reached in its meeting held on March 26, 1992, the following amendments to DECS Order No. 146, s. 1991 entitled “Guidelines in the Administration of the Study-Now-Pay-Later Plan in the Regions Effective SY 1992-1993,” are hereby issued:
- State colleges, universities, and government pilot schools are excluded from the coverage of RA 6728 and the benefits under the SNPLP effective SY 1992-1993. Accordingly, no new awardees under the Study-Now-Pay-Later Plan should enroll in state schools/colleges and universities effective this school year. Applicants should be channeled to enroll in private schools/colleges/universities.
- SNPLP awardees, however, who are enrolled in government pilot schools, colleges and universities and are now in their second, third or fourth year of their studies, shall continue to be funded by the Educational Loans Fund through the Government Financial Institutions (GFIs) until they finish their courses.
- Paragraph No. 3.c (1) of DECS Order No. 140, s. 1991 is hereby deleted. Instead, DECS Central Accounting Office will sub-allot funds directly to the DECSROs which in turn will disburse the amount to the Study-Now-Pay-Later Plan new grantees in the regions.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order by all concerned are hereby enjoined.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 140, s. 1991
Allotment: 1-2-3-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
RULES AND REGULATIONS
UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES