August 10, 1992 – DO 92, s. 1992 – 1992 Revised Manual of Regulations of Private Schools (8th Edition) Amended by DO 88, s. 2010 – 2010 Revised Manual of Regulations for Private Schools in Basic Education DO 35, s. 1993 – Allowing Student Absences in Excess of 20 Per Cent in Individual Cases in Private Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Presidents/ Heads of Private Schools, State Colleges and Universities
- Pursuant to the pertinent provisions of the 1987 Constitution and other applicable legislation, and upon consultation with the Coordinating Council of Private Educations Associations (COCOPEA) and other entities, this Office hereby issues the attached Eighth Edition of the Manual of Regulations for Private Schools.
- This Manual shall apply to all private educational institutions at all levels of the system except as otherwise provided herein.
- All school officials shall be given full responsibility in the implementation of pertinent provisions.
- Any part of provision of this Manual which may be held invalid or unconstitutional shall not affect the effectivity and efficiency of operation and implementation of its remaining parts or provisions.
- Any existing department orders, circulars, memoranda, or any part thereof, including the Implementing Rules and Regulations of Batas Pambansa Blg. 232 or The Education Act of 1982, which are contrary to or inconsistent with any provision of this Manual, shall be deemed repealed or modified accordingly. Any provision or regulation contained in the 1970 Manual of Regulations for Private Schools as amended, which is not mentioned in this Manual and which does not form part of any existing law shall be considered repealed.
- This Manual of Regulations for Private Schools shall take effect beginning with the summer session of 1993.
Reference: BPrs. Circular: No. 16, s. 1970
Allotment: 1-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS
SOCIETY OR ASSOCIATIONS