October 1, 1992 – DO 97, s. 1992 – Establishment of DECS Provident Fund Amended by DO 3, s. 1999 – Amendments to DECS Order No. 97, s. 1992 (Establishment of the DECS Provident Fund) DO 3, s. 1998 – Amendment and Addendum to DECS Order No. 97 s. 1992 (Establishment of the DECS Provident Fund)
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Presidents, State Colleges and Universities
Vocational School Superintendents/Administrators
- Pursuant to the provisions of Administrative Order No. 279, the DECS Provident Fund is hereby established.
- Generally, the DECS Provident Fund aims to provide DECS officials and employees with benefits and loans for emergency needs; for their education and that of their children; for their hospitalization and that of their immediate dependencies; for minor but immediate needed repair of their houses; and for other similar purposes to be determined by the National Board of Trustees.
- The beneficiaries of this Fund are the teachers, as defined in the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers, and the administrative support staff (nonteaching) of the Central Office, the regional offices, and other field offices of the Department.
- As provided in the Implementing Guidelines of the DECS Provident Fund, copy inclosed, all regional directors are hereby directed to constitute their respective Regional Board of Trustees and Secretariat, and submit the names of the members to the Employees Welfare and Benefits Division, HRDS.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of the contents of this Order to all concerned is desired.
Incl.: As stated
Allotment: 1-2-3—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BOARD OR COUNCIL
BUREAUS AND OFFICES
RULES AND REGULATIONS