October 26, 1992 – DO 102, s. 1992 – Operational Expenses for the Implementation of the GASTPE Programs Under R. A. 6728
To: Bureau Directors
Heads of Private Schools, Colleges and Universities
- In view of the full decentralization of the programs under R.A. 6728, known as “An Act Providing Government Assistance to Students and Teachers in Private Education, and Appropriating Funds Therefor,” the DECS regional offices are tasked to implement said programs.
- The State Assistance Council (SAC), in one of its meetings, approved the funding requirements of said Act for SY 1992-1993 which includes, among others, the operational costs for the efficient implementation of the six (6) components of GASTPE which are being implemented by the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) and Bureau of Higher Education (BHE) in coordination with the DECS regional offices.
- Authority, therefore, is given to use an amount for operational expenses not to exceed two percent (2%) from the fund releases to the DECSROs for the GASTPE Programs subject to the availability of funds and usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Operational costs shall include the following regional needs:
- Communication expenses;
- Official travels to monitor the programs; and
- Overtime services if not performed during regular hours.
- This authority shall take effect starting the first semester of SY 1992-1993.
Reference: DECS Order: No. 81, s. 1989
Allotment: 1-2-4—(M.O. 1-87)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: